Irrigation System Service Technicians are responsible for carrying out irrigation related service calls and participating in irrigation projects on residential, commercial and municipal properties.
The successful candidate should expect a typical day to include traveling to customers’ sites, testing and promptly diagnosing irrigation system problems, and then resolving these problems. Candidates with relevant irrigation system experience will know that service calls generally involve substantial manual work as well as technical knowledge of irrigation systems. Service Technicians often interact with customers, explaining their diagnosis of the irrigation system problems and the planned solution. On larger service calls, the Service Technician may also have labourers under their supervision.
The successful candidate will possess:
- substantial irrigation installation or related experience
- the ability to inspect irrigation systems to identify the proper service
- the ability to troubleshoot, install and adjust controllers, valves and all system components
- a basic understanding of irrigation design
- a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record (our insurance policy requires you be at least 25 with a good driving record)
Every employee is expected to have:
- good organizational skills
- a positive work ethic
- strong communication skills with a focus on the customer (bilingualism is a plus)
- the ability to work alone and on a team
- the ability to prioritize
- their own transportation, because there is no bus service to our shop
Salary is very competitive and based on skills and experience. Importantly, employees have the opportunity to learn, expand their capabilities and advance at National Capital Irrigation and Hydro-seeding. We have a great team and we value good employees.
Is this you? Reply to this employment opportunity with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your experience, how you see yourself contributing as an employee, and your expectations. We look forward to hearing from you.